Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Drugsore foundations for oily skin.

Hello munchkins! I know I said that I was supposed to have a new post up on Saturday but my daddy came from Greece and just some other things where going on. Anyway, lets talk makeup! As I said before I have oily skin. I do tend to get breakouts and I do have some scarring and hyperpigmentation so I do look for a medium to full coverage Matte foundation.

Now I am a drugstore makeup junkie! There is not one time that I walk into rite aid and not purchase at least one makeup item. And who wouldn't love drugstore makeup? Its very affordable and you get a variety of different options! So lets get started on my most favorite drugstore foundations for oily skin.

I must say that my best one at the moment is the Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation.



What it does:
All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one
 
easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.

So that's pretty clear. It is a primer, foundation and a concealer. It is full coverage and in my opinion it is a dupe for my all time favorite high end foundation that I will reveal in my next post.

Why I love it: It is full coverage which I adore! And a matte finish. I don't know about it also being a concealer because I do use my L'Oreal stick concealer for my under eye area.
It does not seep into pores like some other foundations so I do not use a primer. It does have 14 colors to choose, from light to dark skin tones. And it also provides SPF 20! I purchased mine in September when I was still tan in color "Golden Tan" which is a tad dark for me at the moment because I don't self tan my face but it does match my neck. The retail price ranges from $7 to $13 depending on what drugstore you find it.



My second best has to be Revlon Colorstay  makeup for combination/oily skin.


What it does: Longwearing coverage with a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. With Time Release Technology specifically formulated for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day


Again this foundation is awesome! I would say it is a medium coverage but can definitely be build up to a full coverage. I can't say about the 24 hr wear because I have never worn makeup for 24 hours. I usually have it on for 9 hours tops and it does not fade. I do feel that it oxidizes a little so I do set it with a translucent powder. And throughout the day depending on what I am doing I have to blot once maybe twice throughout the day.  It offers 20 shades which could be tricky because not all stores have all 20 colors. Mine has worn off because I use it a lot so sorry I can't share my color. I do love to apply this foundation with my real techniques buffing brush for amazing coverage and to get that airbrushed finish! And this foundation does need a primer especially if you know you will be wearing it for a long time. The prices again range from $10 to $13 depending where you purchase it from.


My 3rd favorite is Revlon Colorstay whipped crème foundation.


 

What it does:
Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy.
 
Yes, yes, yes! In love with this one! I was always afraid of using a mousse foundation so I held off on this one for a while but when I bought it I fell in love! I apply it with my real techniques brush and with my beauty blender and it looks flawless! It gives u a medium coverage again that can be build up to a full coverage. I do need a primer just so it goes on even better and so it doesn't seep into my pores.I do set it with a translucent powder for a matte finish and it lasts about 7 hours with blotting at least once. Now this foundation is sealed so I couldn't test it out and figure out what color I am so I went on youtube to try and figure out what color I am and I ended up getting a shade darker "370 natural tan" it doesn't sound like it would be dark but it is! They offer 12 colors and the price ranges from $9 to $13.
 
Another mousse foundation is Maybelline Dream matte mousse.
 
 
 
 
What it does: Revolutionary air-soft mousse provides perfecting coverage for 100% velvet-matte perfection
  • Ideal for normal to oily skin
  • Fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic – won’t clog pores, safe for sensitive skin

  • Ok so this foundation is light and if u have clear skin can be build up to medium coverage. It is very light weight which makes it perfect for hot summer days, and that is when I use it because my skin is clear in the summer so I don't use a primer with it, just a lightweight tr
     
    anslucent powder to keep it matte. It glides on your skin like velvet and dries immediately to a matte finish and is best applied with your fingertips. So definitely a thumbs up for a summer foundation!!!
    They offer 12 "air soft" colors. I am in light beige medium and I would have to say that they do run a little darker that what they sound like they would be. And this beautiful foundation ranges from $9 to $11.


    Another favorite lightweight foundation perfect for summer is L'Oreal Magic nude liquid powder.


    

    What it does: Get the ultimate un-makeup look with Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup with SPF 18. Revolutionary liquid transforms on contact, leaving a soft powder like finish. This foundation is so amazingly lightweight it's like wearing no makeup at all! Just shake and apply – it’s magic!

    So when this foundation came out everyone on youtube ran out and bought it, I was skeptical at first so I waited to see reviews. Everyone was head over heals for this foundation so I ran to rite aid and purchased it in "328 sun beige" went home and used it asap! I fell in love! All you have to do is shake it and apply, for me no primer was needed because it is a lightweight formula so it doesn't really clog pores. I found it best applied with my real techniques stippling brush. And yes it is a liquid but once blended on skin turners into a powder! I used it half of the summer and mid into fall and have nothing bad to say about it! This is a must have product for those hot summer days when you don't want y=to be wearing makeup but still need to look good! They offer 12 colors and so far everywhere I see it, it retails for $12.95.

    My last (for now) foundation is a stick! The Maybelline Fit me shine-free foundation.

    What it does: Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core
    Fresh gel foundation blends to a natural matte finish
    Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil. It’s one-step perfection.
    The first of its kind – lightweight gel stick foundation with an anti-shine powder core: Powder core instantly dissolves excess oil.
  • For flawless, shine-free skin and tailor-made natural matte coverage.
  • Easy to apply and great on-the go.
  • Available in 12 oil-free shades.
  •  
    I was doing my nails in early August getting ready for my long island weekend with my 2 best friends when I was reading a magazine and came across this. I immediately called my friend who was at the store to pick it up for me. And ever since then I love it! I love it for the summer again as a lightweight foundation but also in the darkest color for a crème contour! But yes it is awesome and it keeps me matte. No primer needed just a blot throughout the day depending on the heat! Nothing bad to say about this I love it!!! My all over color is "120" and my contour color is "330" they offer  12 colors and they retail for $9 to $10!
     
     
    Those are all my favorite drugstore foundations at the moment. I hope I helped anyone who was looking for a foundation that is not crazy expensive. I will be trying out a whole lot more foundations and will keep everyone posted on my thoughts! Have a wonderful remainder of the week and I will talk to you soon with my high end choices! Love you all and thank you tons for the support!!!
     
    “The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”
    Yves Saint-Laurent

    No comments:

    Post a Comment